For every finger you point, there are foru fingers pointing back at you… Some quotes here may have been lost in translation, some deliberately so for clarity, whilst some have been attributed to a wrong philosopher of same or different era. The important thing is to get the message, enjoy the satire and be inspired and creative with savage replies. http://bit.ly/38hIPSb
#Everyday #Life #facts: The average smoker burns £3,000 per year on cancer sticks and costs their employer £6,000 per year on non-productive cigarette breaks.
That is equivalent to cost of four holidays, or buying a fairly new used car every year.
Rather than ask your kids, “What do you want to become in future?”, why not ask, “How would you contribute to better the world?”
~ Ola Johnson (2017)
Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned
Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.
- An unexamined life is not worth living.
- When the debate is over, slander becomes the tool of the loser.
- One thing only I know, and that is that I know nothing.
- Beware the barrenness of a busy life.
- True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
- To find yourself, think for yourself.
- Education is the kindling of a flame, not the filling of a vessel.
- There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.
- I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.
- I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think.